View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
Indian113

Re: Gonna put 5.3 in my S10

Update, sorry my father in law had some medical problems and I've spent a lot of my time running my Mother in law back and forth to the hospital. He's doing better and back home,I don't regret helping them as I feel blessed for having them!!!

I went and picked up my 5.3 today-WHAT A CLUSTER XXXX I got to the yard at 8 am and finally hit the road at 3 pm. They sold the 5.3 I wanted but I bought a 2004 with 81,000 miles.

As they were pulling it I noticed the manifold was cracked and the Main harness had been cut in too. They found another truck witha good harness so we took it out but it was a cable throttle and I have DBW. I grabbed the computer for both trucks and a extra intake cover . I got back to my truck and and they had put a intake in the bed for me.

My motor has a single fuel line rails the intake they gave me has dual fuel line rails!! I may try to sell the DBW pedal and computer wit the cut harness and throttle cheap.I will try to take pictures wed. when we take it out of my Dodge. So bottem line I got motor 2 computers, 1 good harness 1 messed up one and pedal assembly for DBW =$800.00 and 1 LOST DAY
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote