View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #109
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Booster & master cylinder reunited after fixing the paint damage on the booster . . ..... again.

With that done I decided to fire the truck up Thursday night & verify some exhaust temps. Again.... it wouldn't start. It's like the fuel supply is bleeding back as it takes forever (minutes) vs immediate start-up like a TBI set-up should. I initially attributed it to cold temps & sitting idle/not ran for 8+ weeks. Once started it seemed to idle & run fine after several warm up minutes.

So my buddy stopped by on Sat to see progress & I went to crank it up after explaining the Thursday night issue. It did the exact same thing. It just doesn't want to start & it seems to be a fuel supply issue since it will start after several minutes of trying to get it going. Once running, again it idled & revved fine. Frustrating.....

Sat I worked on the stainless exhaust for my buddy's 56 wagon project but took enough time to run downtown & pick-up about 8yards of vinyl & foam for the seats. The supplier had very limited choices on cloth so I'm @ a fork in the road. I have a 2nd choice but I'm getting a lot of raised eyebrows when I mention it (tweed). But after showing the colors, it's usually a "yea, that matches pretty good" response. I'm still looking for a better cloth option because I feel there's a need for the contrasting materials.

The sway bar indicates a Monday delivery so that should button up the front suspension early this week. I'll do a shop alignment & schedule a visit to my buddy's work for the alignment rack. I'm also trying to work out the logistics of getting the dually bed out & flipped on end to allow for clean-up of the underside of things & a little satin black detailing. Once that's done, I'll get the bed installed & make an appointment for a bed liner spray date.

Interior thrash next....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote