Thread: 24v Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #16
notchbackgta

Re: 24v Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
It isn't as simple as a fuel shut off solenoid, grid heater, voltage reg, and gauges, no. For $140 you better buy every one. That's a steal! Used cranks are $300 and up, good non cracked head $400 up on a 24v, good non 53 block not needing any machine work is probably $600-$1000. You could make your money back for sure. If you need stuff to do the P-pump swap, I have a few sets of everything except the conversion lines. I haven't been thrilled with any of the P-pump conversion lines we've ever put on. They are all bent wrong or not bent correctly. None of them allow the rear engine lifting bracket to stay on the head either. We've gotten them from several different places. They should fit nice for what they cost.
Thanks for the reply, at least I know I can get my money back out of them easily.
I REALLY want to get them, but I don't have anywhere to put them really, nor a good way to move them around. I took Friday off to go back there for something else I started to take apart, but didn't have the proper sockets for and they had a 4.8 GM LR4 (LS based engine) that I wanted to get too, lol. My friend said I could borrow his truck at least, so I can get them home. I am thinking furniture dollys and some 3/4" plywood on top so I can at least move them around.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote