View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 06:22 PM   #327
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Missing the desert trip was a bummer, so other plans got made. My Jeep friends were heading up to a spot we like to go to outside of Westcliffe. I had to work that day so the doggo and I went up after I closed the shop and met them up there.

I had made some improvements inside based on the previous year's trips. One major thing was the addition of an ARB refridgerator I bought off of one of the other Desert Rats we go with. I also had a better side bench built by a co-worker much more adept at carpentry than I am. This version is a fully enclosed box with a hinged lid that has a secondary flap that folds out to extend the sleeping area as the old one was too narrow.

The tan Pelican case is the entire cook box. All the cooking gear is in there. It's the first thing out of the back when setting up camp. It's weatherproof so I can leave it out even if the weather turns.

Not many pics going up since I was solo.

Nearing camp.

Setup in camp. With the new setup and better organization I went from parked to camp set up in about 5 minutes flat now. Once set up I rewarded myself with a frosty one from the fridge.

The lake down from the campsite.

So when you wheel with Jeeps in a full size, you end up being able to carry the stuff they don't have room for, like a camp stove and food to cook on it!

While everybody was sleeping in tents me and the doggo had it comfy inside the camper.

Coming back down.

Summer was crazy with work and not a lot of time for off road fun. The plan was to attend Blazer Bash at the end of the summer in Moab.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote