View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #56
Hart_Rod

Re: Project "Shifted"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
Cool man, I hope you go with the paddle shift!!
That was the agreement if we changed transmissions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
Nice progress; love the dash pad.
, thanks Nate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Great project! definitely not a "starter" to me...there's more money in parts for that truck than what I've spent on all the trucks I've ever owned
Thanks! I didn't mean that in a bragging way, and believe me, I make sure he understands how "privileged" he will be to have something like this. As long as he keeps his grades up and stays out of trouble, we're good, . I know you'll eventually build yourself a show quality ride, but for now, you are doing it the right way, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio impala View Post

Could you give me more information of this dashboard?

Me podrias dar mas informacion de ese tablero de instrumentos?
Emilio - they are Dakota Digital VHX gauges. I got a good deal on them from boardmember, ProPerformance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc View Post
dam nice lookin truck, like the wheels and the gas tank
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJs69CST View Post
Looks great!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksSS View Post
Such a sweet truck, and a great idea for building some solid mechanical skills for Jake. Top notch Dad for sure!
I'm lucky, I've got a Top-Notch son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Rods View Post
Cool build
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks!

Small updates: Sold the LS1/T56 setup to Curt Hill of Hill's Rod & Customs (thanks Curt!). He's going to build a sweet little 67 with the drivetrain setup. I also picked up a set of his front wheel tubs which will go well with the Porterbuilt front setup. I'm thinking about doing a flip hood instead of cutting the firewall and adding hinges. Thoughts?

I'm waiting on a few parts, once they arrive I plan on mocking up the engine/transmission, finishing up some welding, and then, hopefully sand blast and paint the frame over the holidays.......
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote