View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 02:49 AM   #1
moneypit1965

61 GMC 4x4, project getting stuck

I found this truck off of Craigslist a few weeks back anddddddd I decided to do something stupid.

Paperwork shows it as an original Washington truck, originally a 305 V6. Early 90s it was "restored" (I put it in quotation marks cause the body shop overcharged the PO and ripped him off in my opinion.) He had put in a supposed 350 and than for some reason it sat for a number of years and he sold it. New owner supposedly let it sit cause of the master cylinder being bad. He then decided to sell. I saw it on the craigslist, decided to see the truck. When I did see it I noticed right away the battery was missing and the fuel line was cut. So of course I ask how it ran and all that jazz. (Guy had numerous engines and project vehicles so I figure he knows a thing or two) Guy said it ran fine when parked.......... The pictures beg to differ.

So far I have taken out the seat (interior WREAKS of animal urine and feces), started bleeding the brakes to see where the leak is and so I can atleast move it on the property. (that was the POs complaint, "master cylinder went out")

I was doing research on parts and decided to pull a spark plug to bring it to the parts store. The one I grab was out of cylinder 2. Coolant gushes out like Niagra falls. I was frustrated needless to say (see pictures).

So it looks like I'll be doing an engine rebuild soon among other things.

That is a .40S&W for reference. (It is what I had on me......)

I do apologize on this first post, still kinda POd that I was lied to.

End goals are to make it a truck that would be beneficial to wilderness Search and rescue, hunting, messing around, and for when I need to have a truck climb a tree.

1965 C10 250 I6 Shortbed Stepside (currently flatbed) work in progress

daily driver 05 cobalt.
moneypit1965 is offline   Reply With Quote