View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #93
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 1967 Mustang Coupe Build (Electra)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
Well thanks man!! I appreciate it, Wish I had all the parts you had. You better make a build thread for me to follow too!! haha

They did start replacing 289 in late 67 but im not sure they ever got rid of the 289 completely. I might need to wiki that and check it out. You never know someone could of put a 289 in it and badged it. Well thats if your mom wasn't the original owner.
Funny/Disappointing story on this car. My parents purchased the car inside a home built enclosed triple axle bumper trailer. A guy my Dad worked with had had the car for over 15 years at this time. (This has been 15+ years ago) He used to be in Anchorage Alaska and he kept this car in the trailer the entire time he was up there. So basically this car sat inside a trailer for about 20 years. It was sold to my parents sight unseen as a 69 Boss 302. They got the car and trailer with all the other junk the guy didn't want for $1400. Low and behold when we got the trailer home, and opened it up, it wasn't a 69 Boss, but it still is a decent car. Not real rusty, not too beat up. It had a 351C with 4V heads which I traded to a friend for a bunch of go fast parts for the FI 302. I'll definitely start a build thread on it when we actually bring it in the shop. So far we've just been buying parts for it.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote