Thread: 47-59 show those engines
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 10:53 PM   #38
Dan in Pasadena

Re: show those engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick53 View Post
This is a once in a lifetime thing for me. I bought this truck in 1980 when I got out of the Navy in SoCal. Chassis will be boxed and braced. 8.50 cage. Wilwood 12.88 disk 6/4 Nickle plated calipers. Secondary remote drag radiator w/electric pump, Primary radiator w/mech pump and electric fan. Electric P/S. Electric A/C w/remote condenser. Electric vacuum pump (brakes}. Mcleod RXT duel disk clutch. Mcleod hydraulic Throw out bearing. I have 128 available gear ratios for my rear end with my current 4;11 R/P that I can change in 10 minutes from 2:34 to 8:56. Gleason Torson diff. Bicknell torque arm. Pan hard bar on leaf springs. Front axle custom high strength tube 4" drop by Superbell on leaf springs. Dakota HDX gauges. Body Firethorn Red Pearl, fenders will be black. Rear fenders will be widened 2". Not a big fan of tubbing. Better stop now already too long. Thank you for your time.
You're "throwing the book at her" lol. Can't wait to see the end result. I'd never do what you're doing but I also said I'd never do what I ended up doing to mine. I told myself I was building my post-retirement daily driver and it'd be cool and reliable (LIAR!) Oh it's cool and it's reliable but it's waay overbuilt to be a daily. But I admit I love fender-fondling her! Enjoy yours - we will from afar.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote