View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #34
RThree

Re: '72 K/30 Longhorn Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
Sweeeet! Any more progress?
Well got the NV4500 tranny and 32 spline 205 trasfer case married together with and adapter from Advanced Adapter, and we used the original bell housing by drilling and tapping new bolt holes in the transmission to match and it actually turns out looking pretty good!

I spent yesterday dedicated to getting the truck on the ground and rolling also got to put the tranny in as an added bonus.

But when we got it down on the ground as you can see we have some issues with the leveling as we found out the rear on this truck as it is a 2WD doesn't have the same tall front shackles/hangers the 4WDs have for the rear leaf springs so its dramatically lower in the back than the front...

So now I have two choices I either need to find a donor for the right shackles/hangers or I could use some 4" blocks I have laying around to level it out, which I really would rather not do.

Any ideas? or does anybody know where I can get the right Shackles/Hangers?

(the front of the cab is lifted a little making it look bent)
Attached Images

- 1972 K20 Longhorn, 4wd conversion. "TAWNKAA" Project. 292ci Inline 6 / '93 NV4500 / 32 spline 205 TC / Dana 60s front & back / rear Detroit Locker / 4.10 Gears / 35" BFG MT KM2 / 4" Tuff Country lift. "TAWNKAA"Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=6823933
- 1970 C10 Lonbed, 292ci Inline 6, 3 on the tree, stock.
RThree is offline   Reply With Quote