View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #285
El Dorado Jim

Re: 1973 K20 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteElephant View Post
So I got everything buttoned up a few weeks ago. I got the exhaust installed, went with super turbos with turn-downs right before the rear axle. I'm pretty surprised at how quiet it is. I will post many more pics of what happened between the installation of the rear brakes/booster/master.

Right now I just have to tie up a few loose ends to go and get it inspected. Still haven't resolved the E-brake issue as I will now have to modify it due to the lift, but I've driven the truck around the block a few times, got a little cocky and drove it to the gas station, too.

I tossed the idea around on what tires to get for months. I did not want the run-of-the-mill 33X12.50 BFG "standard issue" tire. I wanted my truck to look a little different, and I wanted a skinny, not-too-tall tire. I have always liked the look of the old Ford Hi-boys and that is the look I wanted to duplicate all along. I wanted some room between the wells and the tires.

I really like the Firestone Transforce A/T in a 235/85/16 size (about 32 inches), so that is what I eventually got. I love the way it looks...
Attachment 783479
Attachment 783480
Attachment 783481
Attachment 783482
Attachment 783483
awesome rig, any updates?
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote