View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #147
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Last weekend my son and I finished up the repairs on his truck. 1st picture shows what the bumper bracket did to his bedfloor when it can-openered through it (both sides). I fabricated the patch, but my son did most of the work trimming the patch, welding it in and grinding it down. I think he did a dang good job for 1st try.

On my truck, I know that guide coat is supposed to be my friend, but the only thing it ever has to say to me is "Rick, your bodywork sucks!". The red circles show where I need to apply filler one more time - I've already done about 6 layers over this firewall section. That purple sanding block in the 2nd pic is mostly what I'm using. One of these days I'll get the hang of it, but the Rage filler gets stiff way too quick (adjusting the amount of hardener down is helping) so I never cover all that I intend, and the filler was about 5 years old so lately I've been using the bottom of the can which isn't particularly creamy anymore. Time for a new can. If you find that your filler is stiff scooping it out of the can, don't try to save the money and finish it off... Just not worth it!
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote