Thread: my 48 s10 swap
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #107
Lrall

Re: my 48 s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
wow, i just read your entire build and really enjoyed it. I'm about to start my S10 swap on a 51. The only thing that scares me is the S10 swap kit (the measuring issues you brought up). My other question is about engine mounts. did you use S10 V8 engine mounts? Did you mount them where they would go if going in a S10 or did you move them? i've been reading stories about issues with the distance between the engine and the firewall. I'm a complete novice to a build this big but i'm determined and willing to learn! I'm anxious to see more updates on your build! nice work so far!
If i were to do it again i would make the mounts myself. Its stupid simple. Basically make a box cut diagonally in half then bolt it or weld it to the frame as you choose. You have looked through my thread so know what they look like. As i said, if i were to do it again i would lower the body down a couple inches and just make a trans tunnel and driveshaft hump if i had to. Ill update you with the lowering springs to see where that gets me because if it lowers it enough to look alright there is no need to cut the cab up. We wont be doing anything but static suspension this time around but i think when these trucks lay running boards is cool as ****. And yes i did use s10 v8 mounts, PM me with questions on that, dont wanna make forum bosses mad

UPDATE:
didnt get to move the truck friday because my teacher got busy with a wedding, but the garage is all cleaned up ready to go. I will update with a gang of pictures when she gets 'home'.
lr
Lrall is offline   Reply With Quote