View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #15
ORNG71K5

Re: 71 k5 blazer build

a while ago took of my grille spent hours wet sanding it, got all of the scratches out then started buffing it... 30 minutes into that i realized i was getting no where, maybe it was just what i was using but my dad said that he would just send it off to get it polished or anodized. of course he's "too busy" to do that and i was getting tired of looking at it with no grille so i painted the insert black and put it back on temporarily, could look at lot better but its suitable for now.

i get my license may 5th, so excited even though i probably wont be able to drive it around a lot, considering the seats are just sitting in there unmounted

im about to get the seats and door panels reupholstered, everything is gonna be white but i've got 3 yards of black and white hounds tooth on the way for the inserts. id prefer to have the original buckets but i think it'll be cool to have more of a modern seat while bringing back the original look with the upholstery.

my dads main concern is getting it to run right, so were about to order a complete march serpentine system and either an old air products or vintage air a/c system. the wiring is a complete mess, i'm afraid i'm gonna have an electrical fire so i've got get a new painless wiring kit before i start using it as a daily driver.
Attached Images

ORNG71K5 is offline   Reply With Quote