View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 02:10 AM   #73
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Well,
Been trying to get my photos to upload tonight, but that didn't go so well, so I'll just describe my progress tonight and get the few pics up in the morning.

I finished the c-notch install, which might sound like no biggie, but after doing these in the past with the body off, I can say it goes a bit slower hanging out under the Burb..
After that was done, I pulled the fuel tank to drain it and get a look inside to see what sort of shape its in. Since this sat for about 22yrs, I was afraid it was going to be a mess, but to my surprise it has very little scale on the inside. I got some fuel tank cleaner and will run that through tomorrow after work. Man were the hoses brittle! I pulled out the bags for the rear and looked over my assortment of fittings, seems my bags have a 1/2 port, and my fittings with 1/2 inch threads are rather tall.. Might have to do something about that.. I'll also work on those tomorrow.

Then I took a break from the dusty dirty underside and started to map out where the Accuair components are going to live. I decided that they will go in the back left corner inside and behind what will be the side panel. The lines and harness wiring will exit via a hole in the fuel filler housing cover. I also have a pair of 3 gallon tanks I'm going to run to give me a little extra air so if needed I can fill some bike tires while out on the road. That means I need to decide where to plumb a port for that.. I think the tanks and compressor will have plenty of room aft of the gas tank on either side, which should work out nice..

Well, not as much as I had hoped to do, but the notches took more time than I anticipated, and I spent all of today running around town with the wife and son.

Pics coming in the morning (I hope)

I almost forgot, finished sanding the the heater motor mounting area after the last round of filler.

Drew
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote