View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 11:01 PM   #2140
Boog
laying low

Re: My Facetruck thread.

So Dale. How was your retreat at the cabin? Too short of course. We have a break in the summer heat this week. The wife and I are going camping this long weekend. It should be real nice.

Tim I know what you are talking about. We all hang on to things that mean a little something to us or things we MIGHT need some day way too long. The more storage room you have the more things you will keep. I know I keep boards and pieces of metal that I think that could come in handy some day and I won't have to buy something. I have a few old aluminum highway signs that have sure come in handy over the years. I've made a number of things out of them. And they were FREE.
In clearing out my Mom's estate we find things that probably should have been discarded years ago but we understand that our parents came up in hard times and things weren't easily attainable like today. We found old pieces of card board Mom saved to make patterns with. Two pieces she had the outline of a shoe insole marked on it. She saved the original paperwork to new appliances and a lot of the original boxes they came in.
If we ever did move again and down sized it would be a real pain to sort through all of the stuff.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote