View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 01:47 PM   #115
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I got all excited about putting the SWB in it's new garage, thinking now I'll get moving on it. But reality set in and that is I need to stay focused on getting the property in shape to sell. I tend to make little of what needs to be done, because I just do it then it's done. But there is a ton to do. I need to use all the space in the garage I can to move things out of my barn and side shed. That maple tree has grown into the building, not good, and it is only getting worse. I have moisture in the lower barn now and upstairs is starting to smell musky. The building needs to move away from that giant tree. And, the roof needs to be replaced with a metal one. I've been waiting until after I move it. Might tear the shakes off, then move, then put metal on.

My screen house has been turned into a storage shed for parts. But the first reason I moved the picnic table out was to store a bunch of cherry boards I had been given 4 or 5 years ago. Selling it would make sense, but what's that? I really want to get a woodshop set up at my next place and I want to have that wood. I also had a sheet of 3/4" CDX and another 3/4" sheet of birch solid core... both very heavy!. I put those on the truck frame and loaded all the cherry on. This made space for the woodshop tools to move in from the barn. Before moving the plywood I put my transmissions, transfer cases, steering boxes, and master cylinder/boosters under the tail end of the truck.

It's been a lot of heavy moving and the work has just begun. I got all the woodworking tools moved and emptied out all the lumber from the shed to a pile I have tarped. Now I need to build a rack over the SWB to store that. I'm not sure I'll have time anyway, but even with all I'll be cramming around the trick I can still work on it from cab forward. I want to install the engine & trans. Great way to save space! I'd like to put the front clip on too, and lay the bedsides on top of the cherry. It's so much stuff, I'll still need more space. The initial plan is to empty the shed side and dismantle. After that is when the challenge of what to do with everything else will hit. There's an upstairs floor you know!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-12-2020 at 07:34 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote