View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #10
mfarmdawg

Re: 2000 Silverado Random Stalling

So after a few days of bad weather and other things keeping me away from the truck, I finally got back to it this morning.

Checked the MAF and throttle body, both were pretty clean. Sprayed the MAF with some cleaner anyway.

Checked the fuel pressure again and with it running it stays around 50psi at 40* outside this morning. Read the Haynes manual for fuel pressure specs and saw it's supposed to be 55-62 like mentioned earlier and it needs to be checked with the key on/engine off. Did that and while the pump is running for the initial key turn, it stays at 58. The pump only runs for about 3-5 seconds and then stops and the pressure drops to 50-54 when that happens. Turning the key off sees the pressure drop to 44. Changed the fuel filter and saw very negligible change. Turning the key to the on position and the pressure jumps to 58 while the pump runs and then levels back off to 53-54 when the pump shuts off after initial charge. Running the pressure stays at 50psi. Shut the key off and the pressure drops to 44 and stays there. Soooooo...... I guess we're going to be trying to remove the bed and replace the pump. Wish us luck, the passenger side of the bed has two of the four bolts half way out already like someone cross threaded them and they got stuck or stripped the caged nuts and couldn't get them all the way back in.....
mfarmdawg is offline   Reply With Quote