View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 01:46 AM   #8
cornerstone

Re: Pre-Start Concerns... Gen 5 sat dormant for 3+ years

Today I installed the harness, set the cab and front clip back on the frame so I can figure out where I will mount the computer, air filter and battery. I'm on the fence weather to go with a full custom look under the hood or try to keep it similar to the 2014 Silverado (my donor). Up til now I've been leaning toward custom, as in smooth and clean firewall, remote battery, minimalist look. But recently I've taken notice of a few very nice builds that have used the donors air filter box, overfill tank and other modern components. Time will tell.

I'm not sure what I am supposed to do with these 3 vacuum ports circled in red? Anyone care to educate me?

Has anyone ever cut down a transmission dipstick and fill tube that can give me pointers? I'm thinking it wouldn't be that hard to remove about a foot in length so its not stickin' out like a sore thumb. I may decide to get the Lokar version so I don't have to mess with it.

Any advice or opinions will be appreciated!
Brian
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 11-17-2019 at 01:56 AM. Reason: added pics
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote