View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
LEEVON

Re: just bought a 08 crewcab 2wd and i'm dropping it. any sugestions?

Howdy! Thanks for the referral Keith. McGaughy's is the only way to go on the new trucks and I tried it all and combinations thereof. I recommend a combination of their 2" drop spindles and coil relocators for the best ride. The drop springs don't ride well in my opinion, and are known to sag. Belltech's struts aren't my favorite either for the same reasons, although it sounds like piecesparts is happy with them so they're not out of the question. The coil relocators literally just move the spring down 2" on the factory strut, retaining the stock ride, and are adjustable in small increments. That is important because you may need that adjustment either from side to side or just overall and you don't want anything that will sag, wear or compromise your alignment in the future. I haven't needed any special alignment cams or anything with the spindle/relocator combo, they come back to spec fine. Steer clear of the DJM control arms.

For the rear, McGaughy's flip kit is the way to go, better if combined with shock relocators to correct the angle and give you some more travel. Even better with their helper bag kit (pricey, not absolutely necessary but worth it if you haul or want to adjust your ride).

I've used every big name drop shock and they all suck. People seem to like Belltech's Street Performance shocks, I haven't tried the newest ones. The old ones were not good. I used Monroe's shock charts to cross reference a stock style shock from a light truck that fit. Picked up a set at the parts store for a good price and the ride was perfect. If you want the p/n's I'll have to dig them up just let me know.

If you have install questions just post 'em up!