View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
LEEVON

Re: just bought a 08 crewcab 2wd and i'm dropping it. any sugestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustytrix View Post
I bought a 09 GMC scswb it has the MaGaughy's 3/5 flip kit it looks great but it rides like a iorn wheel wagon. It maybe not installed right but there has to be a way to make a smoother ride. The part # 34025.
What parts do you have? There are a couple of combinations for McGaughy's kits. Drop springs in the front can sag and ride rough. Rear shocks and shock angle have an effect. One often overlooked problem is over-torquing the rear leaf spring eye bolts. This can put the bushing in a bind and make it ride VERY rough (I made this mistake). They need to be properly torqued with the weight of the vehicle on the springs. Another problem is not enough caster when the rear is lower than the front...if they align you to the allowable max you can get soggy steering. When I had helper bags with an on board compressor, I could drive at full dump and the rear was rough and steering soggy. Full air and there was too much positive caster and the front steering was twitchy. Right in the middle was perfect. All that by raising and lowering the rear between 2-3".