View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
Valarius_Starchaser

Project Orange Crush (57 3100)

So I have been around for a few months now looking through others build threads and discussions gathering a wealth of knowledge that I never expected to find on here guess I was to "smart" for my own good

Anyhow I decided it was time to start my own build thread to hopefully help others and keep myself motivated to keep the project going not sure how many will actually follow along but this thread should help me stay sane

I got this truck in August of 2015 as a trade for my 1965 impala fast back that I got as a graduation gift from high school in 2012 long story short I got bored with the long heavy sled so I shoved full speed to get the 454 that came in the boat out and replaced it with a 350 did a brake job and gave it a single stage shot of flat black to get it looking half decent and got a trade offer for this truck which was EXACTLY what I was looking for other than a 69 Camaro but with the value of them I decided it wasn't worth my life savings to go that route

What I want to do with it:

- 454 big block
- 4L80E
- Chop top
- Suicide Doors
- Raised bed floor
- 1974 Nova front clip
- Ford Explorer limited slip 8.8 rear axle
- Obvious rust repair and chop top/doors fix cut up from PO
- Drag truck

My background in auto body is rather extensive I have been doing it from age 16 in one way or another working in several body shops as an Axalta paint mixer and service tech and have been operating my own small bushiness since 18 for on the side jobs but am now stuck at a GMC dealership selling parts atleast I'm still in the field

Now to the pictures:

Name:  IMG_1612.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  31.1 KB
The Impala I traded off
Name:  IMG_1613.jpg
Views: 1773
Size:  33.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1644.jpg
Views: 1879
Size:  42.0 KB
Day one shots
Name:  IMG_1478.jpg
Views: 1889
Size:  44.0 KB
The 454 all pretty
Name:  FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Views: 1884
Size:  44.2 KB
PO welded the top portion of the door to the cab so no door windows?

Last edited by Valarius_Starchaser; 01-29-2016 at 11:54 PM.
Valarius_Starchaser is offline   Reply With Quote