View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
ptc

Re: Project Orange Crush (57 3100)

Looks like a good starting point. The chop top is interesting.... I never liked the ones I saw before but yours has some interesting lines to work with. Keep it going.

I see the door window frame top going away too... make it like a roadster door glass (frameless and single piece, no wing) especially if you are doing suicide type door openers, opening from the front.

The front windshield is going to be your biggest accomplishment and probably most costly part of the cab. Thats going to have to be cut special from laminated DOT glass, then baked and bent into shape to fit your cab. BUT at the same time you should make it a 'smooth fit' windshield with no rubber around it. Make it a glue in type. It will look great! Less likely to BREAK IT TOO!!!

Looks like a cool project! Stick with it...

Your parts went out yesterday - I hope you werent looking for show quality stuff, because it isnt, its original '57 - even the ignition keys! they ARE ORIGINAL 1957 keys that came from my truck. Also sent you the gas cap key but there wasnt a gas cap to go with it.