Thread: 47-55.1 eBay steering column
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #17
mr48chev

Re: eBay steering column

READ WHAT JOEDOH said very carefully and then do as he said. This is something that we have gone over countless times and as Crossfire84 said all too many on here and any other forum have had far too much trouble with the cheap aftermarket steering columns.

Ididit and Flaming River use GM innards from GM with their housing on the tilts. They are US made by people who take pride in their work.

I wouldn't trust that Seattle Craigslist thing as both of those are probably something that someone bought and then decided to go with an Ididit. I'd go with one of his used GM columns before buying one of the chrome ones. It kind of looks like he is working at selling off his supply of swapmeet columns as there are some interesting ones for Ford hot rods there.

Find the part number for the Ididit column that fits your needs and then shop that part number for the best deal on the part and shipping. Most vendors have pretty close to the same price across the board but some will treat you right on the shipping.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote