View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 10:59 PM   #30
LT7A

Re: Rear Posi (is it worth the money)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drburb View Post
As funny as this may intend to be I personally find it to be incorrect. Posi may be great on dirt, off road, drag racing or burnouts but not so great in the rain and even worse in the rain or heavy rain with a lot of added horsepower.

This is just what I have experienced driving and riding in cars and trucks with and without a Posi.

I guess to each their own.
Have fun, happy rodding and be safe.
Well, we're certainly experiencing it within a short distance of each other. I think you can say that it's not your experience but I don't think you can say that it is not correct. The stakes are higher if you have a posi car get away from you than if you sit and spin one tire in place. However, with our weather and especially in the rain after it's been dry, I would not want to drive a non posi rig. I drive pickups all day for work and posi is necessary to avoid excessive wheelspin with moderate horsepower (and moderate throttle). Wheelspin going uphill from a traffic light or stop sign is not a good look for a company rig. And not what I want in a personal rig either. And with an empty bed you have nothing usable on tap if you need to accelerate quickly for any reason. I don't think a high horsepower rig has any business being out in the rain unless it's all wheel drive, so in that case a one-legger could be better because you can't go anywhere.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote