View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 AM   #75
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Project: Blank Slate

Oh... one thing I failed to mention about this evening. Aside from talking with a lot of people about the truck, I was able to meet two people from the truck's past. One gentleman stopped by and remembered being at the estate sale where the truck was sold to the 3rd owner (the gentleman I purchased the truck from). About an hour later I was privileged with meeting the 2nd owner's wife. She was really glad to see the truck stayed within the area, and provided me with a lot more history on the truck, especially during the time they owned it. As I've mentioned previously, they mainly drove the truck on beautiful Sundays, up to the local ice cream shop, and back home to the garage.

Needless to say, I might be getting a couple of things for the truck's book:

- A copy of the estate sale list
- A Baker Chevrolet (initial dealership where the truck was sold) tissue dispenser

It was a good night....

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote