View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #13
darrellyates

Re: Adding A/C and heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by '70_402 View Post
Do you have any more pics of your computer mounting location and how you did it??
Well, I do. What specifically do you want to see? If you'll check out the first picture above, it actually shows both computers mounted. I just cut flat plate the size of both computers, and marked mounting hole locations. I then drilled, tapped, and welded threaded rod so the computers would slide on the mounts. I then welded the plates to the cab. Slide the computers on (E38 engine computer and TCU); tighten the bolts, plug in the harness for the LS3 and finished. In the second picture you can see the fuse block for the LS3 harness. I cut a hole in the Vintage Air glove box so you can reach all the fuses. The actual air handler for the Vintage Air is behind the fuse block for the LS Harness. Extra length of wires were coiled and zip tied to the mounts as well (I was too lazy to cut and re-length the harness). All this was test fit, including the air handler, prior to paint. Yes, it's tight but everything works.

If you need more specifics, I'll look thru my pictures and try to provide some. I had an entire thread on this subject, over in the "LSX Swaps" section. You can find it there. Lots of interesting places/ways to mount the computer (s). Search "Computer Mounting Location" on this website, you should be able to find a bunch of information.

Hope this helps!
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote