Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #1006
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Bed Wiring

Saturday the bed went together. Sunday I completed the wiring harness for the bed/tails. Every light in this truck is LED, so the side markers didn't get those stock connectors. Everything else did. I have 2 extra wires I ran in the harness. The 3rd brake light wire(in case I end up installing one of those strip lights under the tailgate for brake/blinkers. And also a red power wire for the cargo lights I plan to install. Going to put a switch in the bed somewhere havn't decided where just yet but it will be somewhere at the tailgate end. Those 2 extra wires worked out great with the main harness connecter at rear of frame, it had 6 connections but stock only used 4 of those.

Can anybody guess what I did wrong here? LOL, I fixed it in the next pic. Knothead.....

Got everything ran to where it goes, cut to length, checked everything twice. Zip ties really help get wires bundled before you loom everything. I also tested all my wires before I loomed. And I use the TESSA tape to wrap up the ends of the loom.

After testing all the wires, they all work, but I do have 1 gremlin to chase. When I hit RH blinker with switch, LH also turns on. Bleeding over. Other than that, everything works. One other thing too, Looks like the new LED tail lights don't fit exactly perfect, they hit just a little on the bottom outter corners. But then again, I don't have the tail light inner buckets fully installed so I will be attending to this when I get all my new hardware in for the bed.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote