View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #16
-Greg72

Re: 1-Piece Window and a better bodyline....??? (pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncytruck View Post
There isn't any support for the window while it is half way up to run 1 piece glass in a Blazer. All the blazers above have caps over the doors and are made into roadsters (with the possible exception of red one with the white interior and the '68 nose - it looks like a photoshop job to me).

I have seen a few where they put more modern-day mirrors in the corners of the windows with tracks in them to function.

BT,

Can you explain this a bit more? I realize that the Blazers don't have the traditional perimeter frame of the truck doors, but the guide track on the door handle side is the same, right? On the hinge side, things could get sketchy since the new location of the guide might interfere with the door stop mechanism....

Your "window half-way up" comment is the one that's got me puzzled. The angled part of the glass on what used to be the vent wing won't touch the frame until the window is completely rolled up....so the whole assembly is only ever going to be supported by the two vertical tracks inside the door. If that's true, I'm not understanding why a Blazer door is any different from a truck one???

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote