View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 08:35 PM   #1
1970_Chevy

1970 C10 Long Bed Build

I have viewed my build threads on here but have never posted (so hopefully all my pictures appear). I own a 1970 C10 LWB that I am just starting to build. The direction is still a little unclear as there are so many options and so many things that have been done. As you can see in the pictures the body of the truck leaves a lot to be desired. The one thing I do know is I would like to be able to use this truck as a truck. I enjoy looking at high end pro touring style builds but I do not intend on auto-crossing this truck.

The truck is currently equipped with a 250CI incline 6 and 3 speed manual that has been moved to the floor. I currently own a 5.3 LS style engine, 454 gen 5 big block, and a 5.9L 12v p-pump cummins. I have yet to decide on the drive train, including transmission and axle(s). I live in Iowa so the thought has crossed my mind about a 4 wheel drive conversion of some type.

I do know that the truck will not being stay 4 wheel drum brakes. I also know that it will be significant work to numerous body panel, body mounts, and normal wear items.

This project is going to be a long project as I also have a 1967 Camaro (nearing completion) and a recently purchased house. I look forward to sharing my progress here while hopefully gaining and sharing some knowledge.
Attached Images

1970_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote