View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:04 AM   #6
jhaymon

Re: New fleet side bed sheet metal

the one from brothers is almost an exact fit. i recently helped a buddy with his short box. i had to trim a few holes. he used the oe sides and gate and there was no problem. i think brothers is a bit expensive and i did notice the the bed ribbing was a little different than the oe, but not enough to notice.
i really dont deal with steel beds to much. i used the lmc lwb floor a couple of years ago and had some fitments issues with the gate like they said, but the price is right for the customer and it was no big deal to fit it. the thing i noticed about all the new replacements ive dealt with(ford, chevy, and dodge) is they are kinda flimsy compared to the oe bed floors.

if your looking for a real good replacement without sacrificing strength or paying out the ***. you can use 73-81 bed floors. they're almost the exact dimension and they're made of tougher steel than the aftermarket. plus you can still find them in great condition, cheap. you have to do some drilling for the bed sides and you do have the shave the gas filler humps, but it not major surgery. i know for sure 74, and 79 lwb bed floors will fit. i dont know about the short box.