View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 07:54 AM   #48
Monte's62

Re: 1964 GMC 1500 "crustine" semi- build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Well, Crustine had her 1st "long haul" today. Went and picked up a load of manure at a friend's house...and drove home the long way. Bout a 15 mile round trip, and Man, That 305E v6 is a torque monster. I hauled a bigger load than in the pictures above...and that 305 pulls them hills without a sweat. People really need to see and realize how good these engines are. A 350 couldn't pull a hill like I was able to I Know that for a fact. I'm surprised at this engine. People call these things boat anchors and They're Nuts. My friend's drive way has a steep grade right at the end and..heck...I pretty much Idled up it in 1st(Idle set a 700)...pulled out and off we went...not a super high rever but you can feel that torque...needless to say...going 50 up a hill in 4th is a piece of cake. Never floored it...nothin. Awesome engine. I'm happy with this ol girl. Saw a couple other chevy's along the way. Great day hauling crap.
Your comment about the 350 is not true unless you are talking about the mid 70's smog motors. The gmc v6 makes good torque and it is rated at 220 ft/lb and a whopping 120 hp. Most tbi 350's make 300-310 ft/lb and 200 hp. The vortecs make 335 ft/lb and 260 hp. Just stating the facts.
Monte's62 is offline   Reply With Quote