View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #12
Amr84ss

Re: Finally starting my engine swap project: 5.3/4L65 into '84 short bed 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrblanke View Post
Got the engine compartment painted today and began removing stuff from the trailblazer in order to get the engine out. I hope to have the engine pulled from the TB tomorrow (or at least ready to come out). I also got some 2x4's and made a beam to lift the bed off the frame.

As far as the wiring goes, I believe I am going to use BPautomotive. Pretty short lead time on the harness, and it looks like they do a pretty good job. I have not talked to the guy yet, only looked at his website and inquired about the lead time. I am taking lots of pictures of the engine compartment as I go so that If/when I forget where a connector/wire goes, I can look back to confirm. That is a good idea about labeling though. I might do that as well.

I do need to start ordering parts because Lord knows, I will forget something!

Previous owner didn't know exactly which trans was in it, but I figured once I get into it I will be able to tell which planetary set was in it.
As far as your wiring goes, you might want to check out some reviews of BP before your make up your mind. I have read some bad things about them. Here is a link to LS1 TECH that has a few threads about them. http://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback-70/ I have not had any dealings with them myself, just thought you might want to see what problems others have had.
Amr84ss is offline   Reply With Quote