View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 11:47 PM   #702
RodsGreen10

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushkrew View Post
Ray....can you explain how you converted to progressive?

AND...Rodsgreen10....great thread and tips...my 600 power adder and fcc should ship on 1/13...can't wait...

AND...is the firewall block powered by a battery cable sized wire or smaller?...I have heard that other FI systems like to be hooked directly to battery...yes 12v is 12v...but when cranking I would imagine that every AMP to the FI counts....shortest distance and least amount of draw on a wire and all that...

Keep the tips coming...great stuff...
If you look on the throttle linkage the secondary connecting rod that is how you adjust from 1:1 to progressive. If you look it is on the bottom hole you have 2 holes above that move the rod up on the other holes.
Now about the battery. It is not Amps that will cause problems with the FiTech it is volts. So taking my volt meter at battery and at block the voltage drop is ruffly the same just maybe .5 volt difference at the block. So to remedy that I need to go bigger on the wire from alternator and from block down to starter. A larger wire 8 gauge or bigger will reduce/stop voltage drop.
I sent Jeremy a email asking him about this issue and connecting to block vs battery. He is the brains behind all of this.

Last edited by RodsGreen10; 12-31-2015 at 11:52 PM.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote