Old 07-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #15
theastronaut

Re: LED Headlight Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Haas View Post
Here we go again.

Geesh.

The guy asked about LED's not HID's

You keep posting about your one bad experience with a HID project you had on your little Import.

You have no experience at all with modern focuse beam LED head lights so kindly shut the heck up.

You trashed my original thread about a positive experience I had with a company that has some of the absolute finest customer support and deserve to be considered by any of us.

If anyone wants advice on sealed beam upgrades, you are the guy.
Dapper uses the same halogen projector for their halogen, HID, or LED bulbs. They don't use an appropriate projector designed for each bulb type. That wrecks the beam pattern with HID or LED bulbs. Another problem is that they use small, under-performing halogen projectors due to the size constraints of the headlight buckets on older cars. Add bulbs that aren't ideal for the optics of a halogen projector and their light output is less than ideal. Those aren't opinions, they are facts. I never said I had a bad experience with them, they were great to work with and I have no bad feelings towards them. They've even emailed me asking if I knew of a solution to overcome the problem of fitting a better performing light that still fits inside the headlight bucket of most older cars/trucks; they know that's an issue with their V2's.

So when you recommend dapper's LED headlights you're really recommending a set of halogen projectors with LED bulbs.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote