View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #30
71 Blazer CST man
Account Suspended

Lived on the east coast all my life and thought cars were the thing, till i moved out here to No. CAl after my Soph year in highschool. THen i realized trucks are by far the sickest. I ALWAYS wanted ... 4x4, Convertible, V8 (dual exhaust!!!). But what are you going to get these days that has all 3? That's when i started getting into the 1/2 convertible blazers. I always saw the 1st gens and LOVED the full convertible, but after searching far and wide - thought i would NEver find one, and if i did - not in my price range!!! Finally nearing the end of my junior year after just about a whole year of searching, and going car-less because i wanted THE RIGHT ONE....it showwed up. My 1971 Blazer k/5. LOcal too! right under my own nose!

A boy who goes to my school had his dad pick him up, in the blazer. Saw it with the 4sale and ran over. A week later, its mine! And at a steal too, Not a centimeter of rust anyplace...solid as can be,$4,500!!!!! - and a new windshield 'cuz the orig was cracked - he "knew a guy" and got a new one for me(+$200). The guy i bought it form had it for only 6months or so, and the son had NO intrest (HE thought the 63impala in dads garage was more his style - FOOL!) so the blazer became MINE! MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here i am just about done with my Senior year...the trucks brought me better times then i'v ever had before since i'v owned it, and some real close calls(its faster then a crown vic, this i know!), and bad times too...i'll leave it at,....i'm sure many more good times are to come!
71 Blazer CST man is offline   Reply With Quote