View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 01:12 PM   #31
TsgtE662
2A674 Tank Rat

Back in '74 as I was walkin home from school my dad pulls up in a '72 Chevy CST with a camper shell on it. Blue with a white roof. We had it a couple years or so. Took it camping / fishing towin his bass boat around.
HE traded it for newer trucks over the years of course, but I always liked it. Well, in the past few years now I got the itch to get one like dads ole truck. My brother in law told me about a Gold 70 GMC near him that he knew the guy and was told it was for sale and it had sat for about 3 years cause it wouldn't start. So I go look at it and that was it. Since I was excited about the truck and obviously wanted it as a play toy, the wife didn't object. So we towed it home and less than $30 later it was running. Replaced the brakes shoes and a couple brake lines and it is my evening / weekend driver. Drove by the guys house about a week ago on my way to the brother in laws house and he was sittin on his tailgate of his Dodge Ram as I passed.
Looked like he about spit in his cup as I came over the hill and waved to him.
My brother in law says the guy isn't too happy that I got it running so cheaply and can now drive it. All it needed was a coil wire fixed and a tune up and it runs great.
QJet rebuild also. The wife is even gettin to like riding around in it. The only thing she don't like about it is no A/C. I told her it has the old style AMBIENT Air system - just roll down the window. I have everything working on it now, but it still needs alot of the typical body work. But its mine.

'92 GMC Sierra, Sportside, 2wd, 350, Black
'92 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4 x 4, Blue
USAFR = 2A674 = Aircraft Fuel Systems Maintenance
i.e. Tank Rat
TsgtE662 is offline   Reply With Quote