View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #168
vintovka

Talking Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Since truck is confined for to quarters next 3 months due to Oregons Monsoon season. (near 3" just now) will be doing just small stuff. The tilt column (87 GMC Van) still has some rattle/play and will be installing a rebuilt kit with 2 new upper bearings. Wound up with 2 complete rebuilt kits so if someone wants one at half price let me know.

Also will be doing lots of rewiring. Most will be repairing all the "pot head wire grafting" along with some of my own shoddy work.

Debating whether to rewire the auto controlled radiator fan so it shuts down when engine is off. Right now it runs until temp is down to 195F with engine off. Tired of folks hearing the fan and telling me i left the engine running. Pretty cool here next to the ocean so not really necessary to run after shut down.

As always theres something that needs attention -- which is just fine (if within my ability) Speaking of us old folks working on these i thought i'd pass one something i got from our wonderful small town Doctor. Its some stuff called Voltaren and is a dermal (skin) topical steroid cream. I use it after a day (2 hours now) of wrench bending. Not a miracle but takes edge off "post work pain" especially in hands (from thinking you have same strength at mid 70's as you did when 19). Like they say on TV - "doesn't stink either" . Effect is somewhat enhanced by responsible doses of beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote