Thread: My New Truck
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 05:47 PM   #130
Factory Guy

Re: My New Truck

So I guess I will need to figure out a new fuel system for this truck. Plans are to take the left (drivers side) fuel tank and convert it to Fuel injection. Passenger side will remain as carbureted for now so I can still drive the truck. My plans are NOT to take the truck apart until the new engine runs and is ready to be placed into the truck.

Yes I plan to start the engine before it goes into its final home.

So I bought a new fuel tank (1987 C20) and Fuel Injection, pump for the left fuel side. Since the fuel tank didn't come with any paint I first painted it with Rust Oleum rusty metal primer on the tank then put on Rust Oleum Silver. I have had extremely good luck with these Rust Oleum paints.

I painted some fenders with this Paint (Rusty Metal Primer) over 40 years ago and still own that car and they have never rusted through!

Fuel sending unit is stock style (Spectre brand-1987 C20). Fuel pump is a Kemso 340. The I tested the unit before I set it in the Tank, both the pump and the sending unit.

Using the Gates Barricade Fuel injection hoses for my fuel lines back to the hard steel lines that already exist on the truck (since they are in great shape).
Attached Images

Last edited by Factory Guy; 09-22-2022 at 06:36 PM.
Factory Guy is offline   Reply With Quote