View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 01:05 AM   #2
twistedchevy

Re: twistedchevy's 70 burb

05/25/15

Yesterday I bolted the engine to the bell housing, bolt the torque converter to the flex plate, engine to the engine stands, replace the broken spark plugs, installed the dist cap, installed the oil psi line, installed the starter, made a temp starter wire, ground wire, dist power wire and a starter signal wire, hooked up a couple of vacuum hoses, the throttle linkage, turned the engine over by hand felt like good compression, tried the starter it worked and hooked up some of the janky fuel lines to the driver saddle tank that had gas.

Today I but spark plug wires on it, sprayed some brake clean down the carb and fired her up while spraying brake clean down the carb until the fuel pump got gas out of the tank up to the carb.

The motor needs a temp sensor, its missing from the head, alternator and brackets, fan and pulley to be bolted on, radiator hoses, water and carb tuning to run for long periods of time but IT RUNS. And the oil psi gauge works. Was reading a little over middle.
72 c10 GMC burb 350/400, with 67 Chevy front clip(grocery getter)
Ours: 67 c30 tow truck
70 c10 long bed 383stroker w/digital gauges(work truck)
twistedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote