View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 06:36 AM   #54
Advanced Design

Re: 2wd 1977 Blazer LS swap, mild drop….escalating

Brake lines are in. The lines were in excellent condition, so we just cleaned them up and re-used them. I remember spending a LOT of time bending lines for the 48 truck (avatar pic) and the 56 Bel Air. I have yet to have anyone say…”Hey man, nice lines!” So I decided not to sweat these too much. Actually they look decent.

Before I torqued the castle nut on the ball joints I thought I better double check with Detroit Speed. The spindles came with zero instructions. It didn’t feel right to crank the castle nut down on that nice aluminum. Glad I did. Detroit Speed includes hardened washers, in the bigger kits, for placement under the castle nut. So I picked up some grade 8 washers from Fastenal and have them in place.

Borgenson got the call for one of their power steering gear boxes. Back when Gary Mullins owned the gear box portion of that business (he sold to Borgensen Universal joint company), I had one of his gear boxes in a 55 Chevy I built. Bought one from Borgenson for the 56 Bel Air and I’ve been very happy with it!

The center link and new steering parts received their new paint from Mrs AD.

Who doesn’t enjoy bolting clean new parts together?
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote