View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 06:28 PM   #6
sfont66

Re: Controlling fan with Terminator x Fan Control circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms68cst View Post
I'm helping a friend with a LS 6.0 installed in a 65ish C10. He's installing an electric cooling fan.

We're weighing the option of controlling it through a thermostat mounted in the radiator vs controlling it through the fan 1 circuit of the Terminator x. Of course, either way requires a relay.

A local radiator shop mentioned that the Terminator x fan control circuit does not work very well or is buggy and that a separate external thermostat is better.

Anyone ever hear of this? It sure would be a lot cleaner wiring wise controlling it from the ECU.

TIA. Tom
I chose to have the Terminator x control the fans, so far no issues at all. It’s been 2 years and probably 3000 miles.
I haven’t heard of or experienced any problems like your radiator shop mentioned, I wonder if they have personally experienced issues or if it’s based on customer feedback?
It’s possible some of those issues were related to bad wiring or connections, grounds ?
I’m definitely not a wiring expert, but the terminator x seems to do a good job controlling the fans, i would recommend trying to use it if it doesn’t work out you can always go the other route.