View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 12:33 AM   #14
botboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter
the solenoid is built into the unit. Yours already has it.

It's already hooked up to the trigger on the gun.

I believe once you get yours converted to gas, you won't want another machine right away.

I use mine for a lot of fabrication and it impresses me all the time. I have built more trailers that I can count with it.
I'm absolutely sure that this one doesn't have it. First off, its a weld-pak with a partial mig conversion, not a mig pak. And with gas, its a far better machine than when it was flux-core only, but I'm still wanting to do more.

The only bung or fitting for any sort of gas is attached to the tube between the front of the case and the wire reels, and goes directly out, no sort of flow control whatsoever. Apparently lincoln sells the solenoids as part of kits like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...48801?v=glance

Quote:
You get Argon regulator, 52 in. gas hose with fittings, gas solenoid, gun liner for .025-.030 in. wire, two .025 in. contact tips, gas nozzle and 2-lb. spool of .025 in. L-56 MIG welding wire. Shielding gas not included.
Now, I've seen the smallish lincoln welders with built-in solenoids (like yours), they usually have the gas fitting on the backside of the case sort of near the power cord.

Also, if there was a solenoid, it should "click" every time I pull the trigger like every other mig welder with a gas solenoid I've ever used, and it doesn't, because there isn't one there.
botboy is offline   Reply With Quote