View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #26
Overdriven

Re: Lowering Regrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebra View Post
I removed the front bumps, I had maybe a finger gap with the bumps. It is clanging a lot more now...reverberating like hitting a gong. The rear is sitting on the bumps so I couldn't get those out yet but it is bottoming out in the rear so I know my options there (raise it or c-notch it).
I’ve read about others running or recommending Belltech shocks but they never mentioned having to space them out from the frame. If your clanging is worse now without the bump stops that means the bump stops we’re hitting first, slowing down the suspension movement and absorbing some of the impact. Changing the spindles will have no effect on this problem.

I recommend pulling a wheel and jacking up the truck to ride height by the lower suspension arm as close to the spindle as you can. Measure the shock from center of each bolt and write it down, remove the shock, fully compress it and measure again, let us know what the measurements are. Also take a pic of the spring and note how much space is between the coils. Spring is most likely the culprit but it doesn’t take much to check the shock as well.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote