View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 11:54 PM   #48
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

Vent Windows! So much fun there should be books written about it!!... Not!

So after all the Trick-or-treater's left I got a chance to go into the shop and get one of the vent windows finished up. That was not that bad in some respects, and in other ways it tested my patience a bit. Really the hardest part was getting the big 'L' shaped rubber piece to the channel. One trick in case you ever do this your self is use some silicone spray on just the part that snaps into the channel. It made that job a lot easier, and the rubber won't fight you so much. I'm still struggling with getting the corner squeezed into place perfectly. Tomorrow I will warm it up and that should help me stretch it into the channel. However for now the passenger side is done.

If you ever want to attempt this, and I suggest you do, check out this video on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiZOiHmcb_w

People make this out to be harder than it really is. I also suggest you get the rivet kit from Brothers Trucks or LMC. It comes with the rivets and the proper tool to flare the rivets in place. Those kits take the guess work out of what you need, and they come with the special stepped rivets too.

Also you will see we had some very special first responders to our accident scene tonight. Unfortunately the witch and the cowboy did not make it, but the candy was good! Happy Halloween everyone!

Stay tuned...
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote