View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #56
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

So today was more of the same as yesterday. I continued to tear apart the Tahoe. I got the other running board off, the passenger front fender removed, and the front bumper. I also got the cowl vent area with the entire wiper motor and arm assembly removed too. I'm trying to be real careful removing everything because I have a 2003 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 crew cab, and I'm trying to save all the spare parts I can in case anything ever goes wrong on that truck. It's my wife's daily driver.

I then moved on to the interior and slowly started pulling the dash apart. I need to know exactly where I can cut the firewall and not tear anything up at the same time. There is just so much wiring under the dash area that it will make this part of the job challenging to do it right the first time. Not like you get second chances when you tear into something like this, so having a good plan the first go around is crucial.

My plan from here is to get the rest of the dash disassembled and then work on getting the body ready to come off. At least this is a newer vehicle and not every nut and bolt is rusted solid like half of the other vehicles I have torn down on projects. Nothing is worse than every nut and bolt fighting you at every turn.

Stay tuned...
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote