View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 05:55 PM   #58
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetucks View Post
are you planning on using the tahoe firewall? what about the floor? I have seen a couple guys use the whole floor and firewall together but they intended to use the tahoe dash. They did have an issue when using the tahoe floor making the truck cab fit to it.

I used just the tahoe firewall on mine because I wanted to use the truck dash. If your not going to use the tahoe heat and air system you dont need the tahoe firewall though. It really depends on what all your planning on using from the tahoe.
At this point I plan on using both the dash and the floor from the Tahoe, but that is subject to change depending if I can make it all work together. If you measure across the floor there is 5 inches greater on the 68 cab than the Tahoe. Which means you could leave 2.5 inches along the sill and weld the new floor to that.

My reason for wanting the firewall is more the gas pedal, brake assembly, and steering components initially. Then there is all the electrical pass throughs and the like. I know if I'm going to use the Tahoe dash it will have to be highly modified to fit the confines of the 68 dash area. About the heat/air, I'm not sure what I want to do right now. I've used Vintage Air in the past and really liked their products, so it will really come down to if I use the Tahoe dash or not. If not then I will go with the aftermarket air system.

Truly I will have a better idea on the final approach once I can get the Tahoe body off the chassis and be able to measure everything up.

Thanks for the advice!
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote