Thread: 17" Spares?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
joedoh

Re: 17" Spares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mac View Post
In the process of doing the AD/S10 swap, and got sidetracked into putting Camaro brakes on the S10 chassis when I had it torn apart. Now I've created the problem that my S10 stock wheels I was planning to run will no longer fit over the calipers.
So now I need a set of 17" wheels. I love the Vintiques, but I'm a cheapskate. Do any of you guys have experience with using spare tire wheels. If so, do you know what vehicles I need to be looking in. My S10 lug pattern is 5x4.75 I believe, though 5x4.5 might work.
Or any other ideas of how to find 17" wheels on the cheap. I'm looking for the smoothie, or the steel wheel look. I would like to avoid spokes.
Thanks for the help.

I dont know of any spare steel wheels that are 17" and 5 on 4.75. If you are running spacers, maybe run a pattern change set of spacers and then you can find ford 150 steel spares that are 17". Ogre makes an excellent point that you will need 5, unless you move a 17 from the rear to replace a flat 17 on the front, and put a spare 15 on the rear.

I went with 98-03 blazer brakes on my trucks because the larger rotors and dual piston calipers are a spindle bolt on upgrade and 15" wheels fit. I know that doesnt help if you are already done with your brake swap.

the 2010+ camaro 18s are steel with a beauty ring, and I have seen a guy change the offset by grinding the center welds and moving the center, I dont think he even pulled the tires!

I am also from wichita! I have seen some camaro 18s on craigslist recently, reasonable at 450 with tires, I thought of picking them up.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote