View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #12
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Cool Re: 5 speed conversion with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodydewey View Post
I installed the clutch pedal back into the truck with the updated clock. I found that I had to grind my weld a little better so it would fit. I also had to widen the bolt slot in the end so the clutch lever could fit flush against the shaft instead of 1/8th of an inch deeper. After I got the clutch lever installed I used the master cylinder rod and a level to figure out where to drill the hole. Once the hole was drilled I used the master cylinder to mark the holes for the mounting bracket. I will tell you this up front, I don't like the choice I made for my master cylinder. The bracket's clock is roughly 2 oclock which puts the top bolt into the bracket for the brakes. I would say if you want to move it over about an inch or two add a spacer to the clutch lever. I am also unsure whether this will interfere with a power brake booster since I have not done this conversion yet. I am pretty sure I will be OK. I welded studs to the firewall so I wouldn't have to mess with bolts and nuts later. Here are pictures of the clutch pedal slot, the clutch lever, the rod, and the master cylinder.
I think that you'll have a problem with the booster having the clutch there.

I would recommend, since you have the fab skills, to mount it on the other side of the master. I'm pretty sure you can get it over there above the junction block for the wiring, but you'd obviously have to "re-redo" the clutch linkage.

I'll take measurements & pictures of my master & booster when I get home tonight.

I love the project, & will be following closely as I want to put a NV4500 with hyd clutch in my blazer someday. Or maybe i'll just swap in the Duramax with it's 6-sp. Decisions, Decisions.....

Later,

Buddy
2003 Discovery SE7 - Wife's