View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #13
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: Original Bucket seats installation????

Hi Mike, I have owned decent share of these trucks over the years and done a few 69-72 truck bench to bucket conversions in them years and have not came across any floor pans having the dimples already in place for drilling the bucket seat mounting bolt holes, maybe that was a regional/plant type of deal. I'll give this a shot to the best of my knowledge, when using the 69-72 truck bucket bracket setups and when going into an original bench seat truck cab, there is only one hole of the eight in the bench cab floor pan that's already in the correct place and that you are going to use when bolting the bucket mounts in. The one bolt hole (only one in correct location) that you should use is the RH fwd. most outer bolt hole, so it would be the pass. side fixed mounted bucket fwd. RH bolt, you will need to drill the other eleven mounting bolt holes. I have had these pictures of an OE option #A50 bucket seat floor pan that were taken for another member and then stuck away in a saved folder, not sure if they will help you dimensionally as they don't have any measurements but the pics do highlight all twelve of the bucket seat bracket mounting bolt holes and they also show how the factory used pan head filler screws to plug the other bench seat mounting bolt holes. The bottom view pictures highlight the factory added bucket seat cab only floor cross support & extra bracing. Hope this post and pics can get ya headed in the right direction, Mel.

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote