View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Bolt-on yoke TH400 to 4L80E

LOL, no sir,, I worded that about as poorly as I possibly could have (damn vicodine)
I think I still have the bolt I pulled out of a 1ton van yoke / TH400.

What I was 'trying to say',,, the bolt 'looked' like a.....ohhh....... a body bolt! with the washer integral and part of the bolt head. But the hex was a bit thin, and the corners were rounded off on the top (like a grade 8 stove bolt )

I think it was thin to make sure the bolt didn't contact the U-joint at high angles or something. .. man that still sounds like a bunch of incoherent babble don't it.. ONE picture,, LOL It would explain everything. I'll look around the shop later today and see if I can find the thing. I know it's out there somewhere.

I guess all in all if the u-joint doesn't contact the bolt / washer you have,, "it's all good!"

I misinterpreted force needed in the 'used a puller'. I have a old cheep body slide hammer I stick through the u-bolt hole and gently tap the yoke off if it's tight,,, and a rubber hammer to put it back on. Using a puller would be much smarter and gentler on the bushings,, your just to nice to your trans LOL.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote